Our community is excited to participate alongside all parishes, missions and Catholic centers in the Archdiocese to strengthen and renew our Church for the future. Please continue reading to learn how this campaign will benefit us.
In 1923, under the direction of Bishop John Cantwell, the Mission of St. John Chrysostom, which had its humble beginnings in 1910 under Fr. Gregory Ashe and Fr. Jeremiah Burch, along with a handful of families sacrificed to build and establish St. John Chrysostom Parish.Through God’s grace, we have grown from a small faith community into a welcoming parish of 10,000 families.
Together, we have created a warm, generous, and vibrant parish and school community, a dynamic place for people of all cultures and ages to grow in their faith, serve others, and share the Good News. We continue to water and fertilize the seeds the generations before us sowed and build upon the foundations they laid. This legacy that blesses us and generations to come, is especially important as we look toward our centennial anniversary in 2023.
We are now launching the Called to Renew campaign alongside every parish in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and ask God to bless this bold effort. Our campaign will allow us to address the needs of our parish community, ensuring future generations of parishioners may continue to gather, worship, and create enduring friendships, beautiful memories, and lasting blessings.
Each parish has been given a goal for the campaign. Our Goal is $800,000, of which 60 percent will remain at our parish to address the needs detailed on the following page. The other 40 percent will allow the Archdiocese to provide much-needed funding for deferred parish repairs and help ministries and other programs that affect us all. We will also retain 100 percent of the funds we collect over our Goal.
To be successful, I am asking you, and every member of our parish, to make a gift from the heart. In turn, I, as your administrator and fellow parishioner, will also make a sacrificial pledge. Before you determine your pledge, please prayerfully consider the generosity God has shown you, and the importance of the mission Christ has entrusted to us here at St. John Chrysostom.
Pledged over 5 years for the Called to Renew Campaign.
Our Parish Receives
To renew our parish and strengthen ministries.
Remodeling the Convent
We will remodel the existing Convent, turning it into the Parish Pastoral Center. All offices and ministries will be moved into the renewed building. The Rectory Offices, including priests and office and business manager, secretarial staff, Religious Education, Sacramental Preparation, Parish Ministries etc. included in this remodel will be in new meeting spaces that will include storage.
We will install new speakers and upgrade the sound system in the choir loft to correct the echo in the church building.
Our asphalt paved parking and playground flood during the rains. Our drainage system needs to be investigated and repaired and or replaced to properly drain the parking and playground areas.
Lighting Inside Church
The lighting system in the church needs to be upgraded. Installing new fixtures with energy efficient LED lighting and dimming capabilities will ensure we are being better stewards of all God’s gifts.