Our community is excited to participate alongside all parishes, missions and Catholic centers in the Archdiocese to strengthen and renew our Church for the future. Please continue reading to learn how this campaign will benefit us.
In December of 1923, Fr. Edward Bradley and a handful of families celebrated the first parish Mass in the home of Mr. and Mrs. F.P. Rochefort, thus establishing St. Agatha parish.This was the beginning of the first group of parishioners working hard with effort and sacrifice to build a church building and a community of faith.It has been almost 100 years, through God’s grace, since St. Agatha began with a small faith community, and today has grown into a diverse and multi-cultural parish with more than 1,500 families.
The global pandemic deeply affected us for the past 18 months in our family, work, and church life.Many of us are still struggling and suffering, but our faith and the bond of the community have enabled us to persevere.Together we continue to create a vibrant, active, and dynamic place for all who come are welcomed and can grow in faith, serve others, and share the Good News of Jesus Christ.With love for our parish, we continue to build upon the foundations laid by the generations before us.We joyfully recognize the legacy that blesses us and the generations to come, as we look forward to our centennial anniversary in 2023.
We are now launching the Called to Renew campaign alongside every parish in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and ask God to bless this ambitious effort. Our campaign will allow us to address the needs of St. Agatha, ensuring that future generations of parishioners may continue to gather in community, worship, and create lasting friendships.
The goal for our campaign is $750,000, of which 68 percent will remain at our parish to address the needs detailed on the following page. We will also retain 100 percent of the funds we collect over our goal.The other 32 percent will allow the Archdiocese to provide much-needed funding for deferred parish repairs and ministries and programs that affect us all.
I know that the pandemic created economic hardships for many of us.As we rebuild our lives, I ask you, and every member of our parish, to make a gift from the heart. As your pastor and fellow parishioner, I will also make a sacrificial pledge as my promise of faith. Before you determine your pledge, please prayerfully consider the generosity God has shown you, and the importance of the mission Christ has entrusted to us here at St. Agatha.
We entrust this campaign to the intercessions of our Blessed Mother and our patron, St. Agatha.
Thank you very much for your commitment to and love for St. Agatha.
Pledged over 5 years for the Called to Renew Campaign.
Our Parish Receives
To renew our parish and strengthen ministries.
Parish Hall Renovations
Renovating the Parish Hall has been a dream of ours for many years. Through the Called to Renew campaign, we will finally begin to tackle this project. Our plans are to expand the restrooms, renovate the kitchen, and installing a new audio-visual system. We will also replace broken windows and ceiling panels, and repair floor tiles. These improvements will greatly enhance the space for meetings and celebrations.
Funds for many of the maintenance needs within the Church will come from the Archdiocese portion of the funds designated for the maintenance needs. There are still other needs, such as the installation of a new sound system, better lighting on the altar and the installation of screens that will improve our liturgies.
New Ramp at Side Entrance
Installing a new ramp at the side entrance to the Church will be more convenient for those who use the reserved seating in the front rows.
New outdoor gathering space
The former community garden adjacent to the Pastoral Center needs a concrete pavement with a shade. Small ministry groups, and youth and young adults can use this space for casual meetings and Convivencia.